Currently recruiting on a temporary basis for Employability Coaches, full time, term time only.
The role is to develop and deliver employability skills and other soft skills. This includes the delivery of proactive and inspiring skill sessions, work related activities and engagement with employers that help students prepare for work experience and reflect meaningfully on their skills, experience and future choices.
To source, manage and implement work experience and work placements for students to gain practical skills in safe, relevant and realistic work settings and enable them to prepare for life after college and entry into the workforce.
– Establish and develop strong links with local businesses and national employers to provide appropriate and meaning work related learning activities
– Use appropriate methods to; identify students starting points, develop action plans to map, review and record progress
– Work with other areas to create and deliver work related activities such ass employer led presentations, real business projects and mock interview sessions, trips, visits, mentoring and voluntary work designed to develop employment skills
– Provide advice to students, individually or in groups to support finding work experience / placements
– Liaise with student support services within the College such as Counsellors, Learning Support, Careers Advisor’s
– Experience of delivering creative and engaging activities
– Experience of implementing work experience and employability skills
– Knowledge of the needs of young people age 16 – 18 years of age
– Excellent verbal and written communication