We are currently recruiting for an Employability Coach working on a Temporary Basis, 36 hours per week, in a local education environment working Term Time only.
As an Employability Coach you will be expected to source, manage and implement student work experience opportunities and work placements to allow students to gain practical skills in safe, relevant and realistic work settings and enable them to prepare for life after college and entry into the workforce.
This will also include the delivery of proactive and inspiring skill sessions, work related activities and engagement with employers that help students prepare for work experience and reflect meaningfully on their skills, experiences and future choices.
– Create and deliver relevant, informed employability resources, skill sessions work related activities and engagement with employers to support students
– Establish and develop strong links with local businesses and national employers to provide appropriate work related activities
– Use appropriate methods to; identify students starting points, develop action plans to map, review and record progress
– Provide advice to students, individually or in groups
– Liaise with appropriate student support services within the College (LSA / SLA / Careers Advisors / Counsellors)
We are looking for some one who has:
– Experience of delivering creative and engaging activities in a further education environment
– Experience of developing or implementing work experience and employability skills
– Knowledge of the current job market and the issues around gaining paid employment
– Knowledge of the needs of young people 16 – 18 years of age relating to work experience, delivering tutorials, employability and finding and keeping paid employment
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage effectively and professionally